After visited “The Golden Mickey” at Fantasyland, it was almost the evening time. We went to visit the Disney on Parade. Disney on Parade is a daytime parade of the Hong Kong Disneyland theme park, the parade takes a few floats and themes from Disneyland’s former daytime parade named Disney on Parade: 100 years of Magic then it ran until early 2003 and replaced by Disney’s Dreams on Parade.
The parade was begins in Fantasyland near the entrance of the Storybook Theatre then passes in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle and ends on the Main Street, U.S.A that near the Disneyland City Hall. Disney cartoon characters were featured on the daily parade that winds throughout much of the theme par. Those Disney celebrities include Chip and Dale; a studio-like float; the Disney processes and friends; Alice in Wonderland and friends; Ariel the Little Mermaid; Buzz Light-year and Woody from Toy Story; Mickey Mouse and friends in a finale float which looks like the Sleeping Beauty Castle.
There were about 100 performers, technicians plus articulated puppet figures and assisting cast members on this colorful parade.
The big Mickey Mouse float in Disney on parade.
Chip and Dale’s candy factory float on parade.
More on Chip and Dale’s candy factory float on parade.
Candy performers and dancer on parade.
Show white and Alice on the Wonderland’s performers and dancers were participate on parade.
Mickey’s Hollywood Christmas float on the parade.
More on Mickey’s Hollywood Christmas float on the parade.
Snow white and the seven dwarfs performers on the parade.
Show white and the castle on parade.
More on Show white and the castle on parade.
Michael D Eisner and Donald Tsang, May 22, 2005.
Hong Kong Disneyland is dedicated to the young and the young at heart – with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration and an enduring symbol of the cooperation, friendship and understanding between the people of Hong Kong and the United States of America.
Here is the summary of the float featured in the parade.
1. Lead Float: Gaily costumed dancers surround the lead float inviting everyone to Join the Magic.
2. Band leader Mickey: Mickey Mouse is an articulated inflatable figure that towers sever meters high (23 feet). He leads the 15 member Hong Kong Disneyland marching bang.
3. Animation Float: The mischievous chipmunks, Chip and Dale, Salute early animation as they turn pages to make the earliest kind of motion picture magic.
4. Walt Disney Studio Float: Dancers wearing skirts that resemble large movie-film reels lead the Walt Disney Studio float depicting Mickey’s adventurous role.
5. Disney Princesses: The Princess float is led by Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. She rides aboard a rolling Wishing well. Just behind, under the glare of the wicked queen is princess Aurora from Disney’s animated classics “Sleeping Beauty”. Following close behind are Cinderella, her fairy godmother and her loyal mice friends Suzy and Perla.
6. Alice in Wonderland: Alice rides aboard a giant psychedelic mushroom with dancing flowers, the Cheshire cat and a pompous Caterpillar towering behind.
7. The Little Mermaid: This float brings a wildly colorful procession led by seahorses, coral dancers, starfish and little octopus.
8. Toy Story: Sarge and the Green Army Men lead the radio controlled car with buzz light-year at the controls while Woody and his girlfriend Jessie twirl their lariats atop an old-fashioned, toy record player.
9. Finale Castle Float: Starring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Disney’s own royal family stage a party atop the grandest float of all, a rolling replica of sleeping beauty castle. Nearby are Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy and Pluto.
Great performance and it took about 35 minutes for the parade to complete the tours.