WordPress users can adjust the Lightbox 2 setting such like the appearance; auto lightbox image links, which allow the plugin to add necessary HTML to image links.
1. Get the lightbox-2.zip plugin below or from the Internet.
2. Unzip the file and upload the whole folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
3. Activate the plugin through the ‘plugins’ menu in the wordpress, then proceed to Options -> Lightbox 2. Your plugin is really to use for the linked images that you want the overlay effect shown.
4. Add a rel=”lightbox2″ attribute to any link image tag to activate the lightbox, or rel=”lightbox[imagesgroup1]” for a set of images.
5. Additionally, you can also use the title attribute to show the caption when visitors mouse over the images. This is optional option.
A disadvantage of this plugin is need to wait the whole webpage to be loaded, before the image overlay’s effects works properly. Sometime I can not wait for the whole webpage being loaded, so just press the “Esc” button to stop the loading then click on the image has Lightbox feature applied and it works.
<a href=”img1.jpg” rel=”lightbox2″ title=”Caption Img1″>Image 1</a>
A set of images.
<a href=”img1.jpg” rel=”lbox2[group1]” title=”Img1″>Image 1</a>
<a href=”img2.jpg” rel=”lbox2[group1]” title=”Img2″>Image 2</a>
<a href=”img3.jpg” rel=”lbox2[group1]” title=”Img3″>Image 3</a>
<a href=”img4.jpg” rel=”lbox2[group1]” title=”Img4″>Image 4</a>
This plugin have been introduced very long time ago and I have just recently applied this plugin on my weblog especially for the Comics Collection category to show the comics in very interesting way. Thanks for the creator for this great plugin, I really have a fun with this plugin.